RuSciTech Forum 2014 USA will be held over two days in the format of presentations and roundtables in four themed sections – science, education, innovation and management.
Preliminary conference programme:
Sunday, 9th March, 2014 – Arrival of participants.
Monday, March 10, 2014 – First day of the conference.
Opening notes from the organisers and management of Arizona State University followed by an introductory speech by a representative of the Coordinating Council of the International Association RuSciTech.
Presentation of scientific and technological programmes in Russia:
- A representative of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation.
- A representative of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- A representative of JSC RTI.
- A representative of the infrastructure and educational programs RUSNANO.
International experience of scientific research management:
- Modern research infrastructure & international experience of management of innovation processes – Vyacheslav Kalchenko (The Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel).
- The practice of technology transfer and commercialisation of scientific discoveries in the United States. Development of strategic partnerships with business and government in the framework of innovation clusters – Stas Samarin (Express Scripts, USA).
- International Collaboration. Surviving within the Open Innovation reality – Eugene Buff (UsTech Discovery LLC, USA)
Educational projects and collaboration between the universities and the industry :
- Interaction between the scientific and technical diaspora and the Russian side –Mikhail Myagkov (Vice President for Academic Affairs, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology).
- New competitive educational model in Russia developed in collaboration with the Industry – Tanya Stanko (Vice-Provost for Education, IT University Innopolis)
- The holistic approach in cultivating the entrepreneurial culture, the process of technology and know-how transfer at a university – based on the example of the Imperial College London – Tatiana Schofield (RuSciTech, UK).
The involvement of the science & technology diaspora into collaboration with Russian organisations:
- From brain drain to brain circulation: the consequences of the change of the emphasis for Russia – Yevgeny Kuznetsov (World Bank, Migration Policy Institute).
Gala dinner and an excursion by boat on the lake
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 – Second day of the conference.
- Development of science in Russia: Strategies and Tools - William Petuskey(Associate Vice President for Research, Arizona State University)
- Examination of scientific projects in Russia – Corpus Expertov
- Innovative activities of Russian universities and corporations and international experience in the field of technology transfers – Gordon McConnell (Assistant Vice President for Entrepreneurship and Innovations, Arizona State University)
- Status of the Russian Innovation Ecosystem - Page Heller (President, Hopes Creek)
- Going Global At Launch: Tips For Building A Small Multinational Startup – Roman Maev (University of Windsor, Canada)
- Technology commercialization: sharing best practices – Vitaly Vishnepolsky(Martal Consulting & Services, Canada)
- Russian international educational programs, improving the competitiveness of the leading Russian universities – TBC
Provision of infrastructure, government programs and grants to stimulate international cooperation: an introduction and matchmaking – Anatoly Korkin(RUSTEC).
Wrap-up session, discussion of potential joint projects between the scientific and technical diaspora and Russian organizations in research, education and innovation, as well as in promote Russia’s image abroad.
Gala reception and networking, together with conference participants from NGC- 2014. Conference participants will have an opportunity to visit nearby attractions, including the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas, as well as take part in activities offered by “Renaissance Festival”.
Information and organisational support provided for the conference is provided by the following organisations: